By 1949, just over 100 years after it had been built, the Hall was completely demolished.
The draft agreement between Bridgewater Estates Ltd and Sydney Littler for the demolition of Worsley New Hall:
In 1951, the War Department once again requisitioned a portion of the New Hall estate. The Department built a reinforced concrete bunker and two radar masts for anti-aircraft operations.
This is what the bunker looks like today:
The signals room
The plotting room